Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #21

Google has a lot of neat things to offer. I thing my favorite is the iGoogle. I like how you can create your own personal home page. This is a fast way to check up on all my favorites at one time. EVERYTHING is right there!! I tried the Google Calendar but I could not get it to work. I was really looking forward to exploring it. It would again to a great tool in keeping parents up to date on early release, fundraising money due, picture day, weekly studies, the list could go on and on. I will definitely check back. When exploring Google Alerts, I tabbed Dallas Cowboys and technology in the classroom. I haven't received any emails yet. I'll keep checking my new iGoogle home page. :) I typed in a book my daughter read in class on the Google Book Search. It gave an overview of the book, had a list of reference from web pages, other editions of the book, and it also had a place for reviews, this book had none. I liked this tool because I can get the other editions and keep her reading. I never knew there were so many tool available in Google.

Below is a picture gallery I used on Picasa Web Albums. You can also email the photo gallery. These are just some silly pictures my son had on his camera and our Disney trip.
Blogger Pictures


I used the Google Notebook and searched Summer Vacations in Texas and found some places we might want to visit this summer. It is nice when you have all of your information on one page. This will allow me to discuss the choices with my family and make a decision.

http://www.google.com/notebook/public/17414772244332203176/BDRStDQoQ-Pj5yKAk?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment