Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #20

The google document would be a great place to do grade level newsletters. There have been many times we are running around trying to think of last minute things to put into our weekly newsletter. We could start the newsletter on Monday and we could all collaborate week. This is also a convenient way to access and allow family to view/edit your spreadsheet of addresses. I could pull up my addresses on my cell phone. Wow, imagine that! I would also like to try to use google document to challenge my students. I would like to post story starters with a topic, picture, comic, and have students begin the writing process. Once it is started then the collaboration begins.

This a spreadsheet that I use for the school wide conduct folder. I made this form on my PC and it was very inconvenient at the beginning of a new six weeks when I did not have my laptop with me. I am hoping my school Mac will be able to read this spreadsheet when opened.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rXw1yXIUhh2HnlN5gBG1OXQ&hl=en

The google document I decided to do was a poetry folder piece using the Fry's Phrases. This will give us as a grade level to add phrases each week.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfd75p6f_2gfkphtdc

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a link to click on the newsletter so I can see your awesome creativity? (SW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not yet to this "thing" yet, but I love your ideas for it! I can't wait to get to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love google docs to collaborate with other teachers. It seems the more I use it the more reasons I find to use it.

    ReplyDelete